Cedar Park Med is seeking an LPN-Licensed Practical Nurse to administer nursing care in a long term care facility under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Provide general nursing care to patients for medical and health-related issues
- Record patient’s medical history and pre-treatment formalities then accurately enter data in the computer system.
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, glucose levels
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications, etc.
- Change bandages, provide wound care, administer medicines
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Ensure health and comfort of patients
- Advocate with clinical staff regarding client's medical concerns
- Communicate with patients’ family or friends to give advice, comfort and sanctioned health updates
- Perform other duties as requested
- 2 yrs minimum experience
- Familiarity with health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Valid state LPN license
- Current BLS certification
The ideal candidate is experienced in providing different basic care needs to those who require it, while remaining patient, calm, and kind.
Cedar Park Med is offering full time, part time, and per diem placements on either a short term (contract) or long term (permanent) basis. We work with hospitals and long term care facilities in NY, NJ, and PA. Working with us means you have our whole team working to provide you with early access to the most current facility openings. Becoming our employee gives you the opportunity to choose to work at one or multiple facilities, even if they are not within the same network.