We are seeking 2 Respiratory Therapists – an Acute Care General Medical/Surgical RT and a General Pediatric RT
- Able to perform majority of RT patient assessment in the level of acute care setting with minimal orientation
- and supervision.
- Ability to perform arterial puncture to obtain and analyze blood gases and administer inhaled medications.
- Must be able to respond to Code Blues and Rapid Responses.
- Current NYS Registered Respiratory Therapist license
- Minimum of 1 year exp (within past 2 years) in an acute care facility 500+bed facility, Level 1 trauma center
Additionally our ideal candidate:
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Has not had their professional license or certification suspended or investigated
- Has not been named as a defendant in a professional liability claim
- Must successfully pass pre-employment health clearance.
All candidates are subject to drug screening and criminal background check and must have verification of legal right to work in the U.S.
Experience with Cerner Electronic Medical Record preferred.
The contract assignment is for 3 to 6 months.
The work schedule is full time for 3 days per week, total of 37.5 hours per week, all shifts.
Days will rotate and scheduling can be requested.